Guide to Planning a Wedding in the Smokies
If you’re planning a destination wedding, the Great Smoky Mountains is a beautiful place you should consider. You can have everything here—from the flowers and hair to the ceremony and honeymoon. Outside of what we have listed here, if you have any questions, you should contact the Smoky Mountain Wedding Association. They are a non-profit dedicated to promoting weddings and associated businesses in the area.
- Miss Lily’s Catering Florals and Gifts—Close to Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and Sevierville, they can custom-make a bouquet based on a picture you provide, or you can choose from their selections.
- Cupid’s Petals—They deliver throughout Gatlinburg and the areas nearby. If you need it same-day, they can handle it.
- Little Pigeon Florist—Located in Pigeon Forge, TN, they have been in business for over 34 years. They offer traditional and contemporary designs.
Hair and Makeup
- About You Salon & Day Spa—They offer bridal-specific hairstyles and makeup as well as pedicures and manicures. With 30+ years of service, over 3,000 brides can contribute their special day to a stop here. They have staff that specialize in bridal beauty consultations.
- Advantage Hair Salon – Day Spa—They offer the basic for hair, nails, and makeup as well as full-service bridal packages.
- The Barn at Chestnut Springs—The gray weathered wood tobacco barn has been beautifully renovated to serve as a premier wedding venue. Situated just outside the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, The Barn at Chestnut Springs is the ideal countryside location. The Barn can accommodate up to 120 guests. The large main room features vaulted ceilings with exposed beams and elegant chandeliers. A wooded cove awaits guest just outside the back doors.
- Swann Plantation—This centuries-old estate has a rich history of welcoming guests and is perfect for any size occasion. The Milk Parlor can seat 150 for dinner or 300 for a ceremony. The Carriage House offers an intimate appeal. With nearly 60 acres, the Swann Plantation will provide transport for guests from the parking area to the venue. The bride can be escorted in a horse-drawn carriage, and the ceremony can complete with a white dove release.
- The Lily Barn Garden & Event Center—Searching for the perfect rustic venue to have your wedding? This 100-acre farm is perfectly situated outside Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge near the Cades Cove entrance. They also provide their catering service and flowers. Brides can enjoy a bridal dressing suite in their 140-year-old (and A/C equipped) barn with refreshments. A gazebo offers a great ceremony spot, and the enchanting pavilion is perfect for a reception with its lit ceiling. They also offer guest lodging up the mountain.
- Wedding Bell Chapel—This log cabin chapel has antique wood pews from the late 1800s and a beautiful hand-carved interior with stained glass accents. Pastor Dale has nearly 30 years of ministerial experience and will put you at ease. The straight-forward pricing also won’t break the bank. Their all-inclusive package (under $500) includes the ceremony, a copy of your vows, a “just married” sign, photos, a DVD of the ceremony, gown/tux rental, cake, and toasting glasses and cider for up to 40 guests. The Wedding Bell Chapel is also a great spot for a memorable vow renewal.
- Music Road Resort—Only minutes from major attractions, the Music Road Resort has an on-site wedding planner to help you coordinate every element to your special day. The Resort itself can provide the space for pre-wedding prep, the ceremony, and reception, as well as over 300 guest rooms—each with a private balcony, LCD TVs, complimentary breakfast, and 24/7 access to their water park. They offer wedding packages from 40–80 people with optional add-ons.
- Dancing Bear Lodge & Appalachian Bistro—From exchanging your vows on the event lawn to enjoying your reception at the Farm-to-Table Restaurant, this 36-acre location offers one-stop service and wedding packages. They even offer cabin rentals on-site with wireless internet service and locally roasted coffee.
- WonderWorks—Want a location for your reception that is completely unusual? You can buy out the entire building to support a wedding with 1,000 guests, or just rent a banquet room that has space for up to 96 guests.
- Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies—Create unique memories with a breathtaking aquatic view. Supporting up to 75 guests, you can pick from packages that also include the ceremony, cake, and catering. There’s nothing quite like getting married with beautiful sea life as your backdrop. It’s certainly something your guests will never forget!
- Ober Gatlinburg—The Seasons of Ober Restaurant offers a Swiss-style lodge experience with private rooms and a beautiful setting with lovely mountain views.
- Smokey Mountain Sounds—Serving the entire Smoky Mountain region, Smokey Mountain Sounds will be dedicated to your event. They spend 15–20 hours preparing before the event starts and keep in touch with you and event planners and other vendors, so there are no surprises. They provide set-up and tear-down. They were voted the number one DJ in Tennessee by The Wedding Elite magazine.
- Oak Haven Resort and Spa—Near the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, the log cabins offered at Oak Haven Resort feature an assortment of amenities. They provide free wireless internet, housekeeping, cable TV, nationwide calling, a hot tub, an equipped kitchen, a king bed, a gas fireplace, a porch and swings, a grill, and a washer/dryer. They are open year-round with special rates from January through April, and most of May. Their conference cabins can be used to accommodate a group of 60 people if you have an intimate wedding in the works. The Spa is off of the entrance on Oak Haven Way and offers something for every season. They have massage and body therapy, skin care, offer lash extensions, nail treatments, and hair removal treatments. They also offer spa packages, including several for couples.
- Bearskin Lodge—Located at the entrance to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, you’ll feel a touch of nature welcoming you as you stay here. They offer free covered parking, and if available, you can stay in a room with a private balcony overlooking a mountain stream. Or you can take a dip in the hotel’s heated pool or lazy river. Most rooms have whirlpool tubs and gas fireplaces.
Content on this page is subject to change. Please contact the locations mentioned to see if promotions, hours, pricing, etc. are still valid.
Leave a Reply